13th Annual Starter Barter and Plant Sale
Saturday May 16, 2020
10 am to 2 pm
Private Property – West Fort Collins, off of Overland Trail, north of Prospect
Veggie, fruit, flower, and herb starts will be available for sale, barter, and trade.
Vendors, Barterers, and Shoppers if you wish to participate (and have not done so already)…
Veggie, fruit, flower, and herb starts will be available for sale, barter and trade.
In the interest of keeping backyard food-growing affordable, bring your extra starts to sell or trade with other gardeners! Or just come and buy!
- Trade or sell your starts. Gardeners are free to set their own prices but the event is meant to keep food gardening affordable, so Home Grown Food suggests $1 for 2-inch pots and up to $3 for larger plants.
- Larimer County Master Gardeners will hopefully be available again this year, along with veteran suburban gardeners, to answer your gardening questions.
- Seed will also be available for purchase.
- Seller donations to Home Grown Food of approx. 10% of sales is not required but would be greatly appreciated.
N.B. Doors open at 9:00 am for set up if you will be using a table and have a lot of starts. Event proper starts at 10 am.
We are planning on going ahead with a COVID Safe event!
1. Sat May 16th. Extended time of 10 am – 2 pm (4 hrs).
2. Event will be held on 1/2 acre of private property on the west side of Fort Collins.
3. Vendors spaced at least 15-20 ft apart.
4. A limited number of attendees will be on the property at any given time.
5. There will be an ENTRY gate and an EXIT gate so that attendees flow in one direction.
6. Both gates will have a person monitoring the attendees and communicating numbers. As attendees leave, more attendees will be admitted.
7. We will be in communication with barters and shoppers by email to schedule waves of people for each half hour.
8. There is plenty of parking in a parking lot across the road and on the street.
9. All participants will be required to wear masks and respect physical distancing guidelines.
10. We’re hopeful the CSU Master Gardeners will attend.
Looking forward to supporting our community by sharing veggie starts in a safe and effective way.
Home Grown Food is an all-volunteer group dedicated to supporting the efforts of Northern Colorado’s backyard and community food gardeners through workshops, seed-swap and starter-bartering events and by helping to publicize other local food events.